At Toolbox Genomics we help guide our clients’ healthcare decisions. Protecting your personal health information is among our highest priorities.
Depending on how you use Toolbox Genomics, registration information may include:
- Date of Birth
- Shipping Address
- Credit Card information (name, last four digits, and expiration date only)
- License Type
- License Number
- Consent to share your information with your practitioner
Information we collect about you
We collect this information through a questionnaire at time of account registration. We collect information such as self reported diagnoses, family health history, nutrition, and diet, to help us create a more personalized report to better guide your practitioner.
Your DNA Results
Once you use the cheek swab to collect your sample and mail it to the lab, your DNA will be sequenced. We use your genetic data results to generate your reports. We remove all personal information (ie: name, birthdate, etc. ) and store your genetic information, so that your practitioner may use your data for future products.
Healthcare and Wellness Practitioners
Toolbox Genomics products can only be ordered by healthcare and wellness professionals.
What does Toolbox Genomics do with my genetic data?
- We analyze your genetic data, interpret your results, and provide recommendations to help your practitioner understand how your genes may impact your health.
- We keep your sequenced data anonymized and de-identified to protect your privacy.
- Your anonymized and de-identified data may be used for quality improvements to current products or assist in the development of future products.
How can I take control of my information?
- You can securely share your results with additional practitioners if desired.
- If you’d like to deactivate your account, just contact us at email@example.com.
- Your raw genetic data, used to generate your reports, can be provided to you upon request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who does Toolbox Genomics share my information with?
We follow the standards established in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). The following parties have access to your information:
- The practitioner who ordered your Toolbox Genomics reports.
- External contractors and companies that we work with only get access to the information they need to provide their services.
- For example, our lab provider will need to access your genetic sample and results to ensure the quality of the sample is reportable. All samples sent to the lab are de-identified and are tracked by an identification number.
- If your practitioner consults with our practitioner support team, we may view your information to best assist with his/her inquiry.
How does Toolbox Genomics protect my information?
We protect your information in a variety of ways:
- Data Security: identifying data at rest is encrypted using either AES256 or AES128. Data in transit is encrypted using TLS to ensure your privacy.
- De-identified data and anonymity: all details used to identify you are separated from your genetic data. Our lab partners handle and process samples in a de-identified manner. This means all identifying information is separated from your genetic data.
- Website security: All web pages on toolboxgenomics.com are served over HTTPS.
- Personal Information: Your personal information is encrypted both when it's at rest in our servers and when it's in transit through the web.